The Amelia Island Book Festival and Many More Annual Events
Amelia Island is a barrier reef located on the Florida-Georgia maritime border, 30 miles north of Jacksonville. Amelia has long been the chosen destination for vacationers longing to get away from the mad rush of Florida’s more populated beaches. Quaint villages, pristine beaches, protected parks, abundant wildlife, and laidback locals combine to make Amelia “one enchanted island!” Among the many annual Amelia Island events, one of the most anticipated is the Amelia Island Book Festival. Each February, the Island opens the pages of romance, action, mystery, comedy, and suspense (to name a few) as it welcomes writers, readers, chefs, and even a few cowboys for a celebration of books. And luckily for you, Amelia Island Rental & Management Services has the largest collection of vacation rentals on the island, all of which are minutes away from the festival.
The Amelia Island Book Festival
The Amelia Island Book Festival captures the interest of book lovers of every age. Festival-goers travel from every corner of the country to participate in sponsored writing expos, workshops, book signings, readings, and to meet-and-greet more than 100 featured authors, many of whom are world-renowned. Events include a dinner gala, silent auction, contests, and a street fair. Vendors set up booths offering arts and crafts, food, games, music, and what else…BOOKS! The four-day event ‘literally’ has volumes of fun for everyone.
Annual Amelia Island Events
If a getting lost in a good book is not your idea of an adventure, the “things to do in Amelia Island list” host events appealing to diverse interests throughout the year. In addition to the Book Festival, Amelia Island’s annual festivals include:
- Concours D’Elegance Motor Event (March) – Amelia’s signature springtime automotive spectacular featuring rare car collections, shows, exhibits, and auctions.
- Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (May) – Amelia Island’s longest-running annual event celebrates the birthplace of modern shrimping.
- Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival – This festival runs throughout the spring and features world-class performers.
- Katie’s Ride for Life (April) – Katie’s Ride is an 18-mile bike race and an eight-mile walk/run that raises awareness for organ donations.
- Wild Amelia Nature Festival (May) – This three-day eco-expo culminates with the release of rehabilitated sea turtles.
- Amelia Island Jazz Festival (October) – The Jazz Festival features award-winning singers and musicians celebrating the spirit of jazz.
- Petanque Amelia Open (November) – This lawn-sport competition attracts players and visitors from around the world.
Eat, drink, shop, boat, bike, swim, play, or attend any of Amelia’s interesting events. Don’t forget to browse through Amelia Island Rental & Management Services’ many vacation rentals to find one that perfectly suits your group’s size, style, and budget!